
17. Volunteering at the Library
17.在图书馆做义工
A: You should volunteer at the library with me!
A:你应该和我一起去图书馆做义工!
B: What's so good about volunteering there?
B:在那做义工有什么好?
A: It's fun, and you feel good about yourself.
A:很有趣,你会对自己感觉良好。
B: What do you do there?
B:你在那做什么?
A: Everyone does different things. I organize events.
A:每个人做的事不同。我组织活动。
B: What kind of events?
B:什么类型的活动?
A: Movies, art and crafts, magic shows, and more.
A:电影、艺术和工艺品,魔术节目,还有更多。
B: That does sound fun!
B:听起来确实很有趣!
A: Do you want to sign up?
A:你想报名吗?
B: Yeah, how do I sign up?
B:是的,我怎么报名?
A: I'll get you an application.
A:我会给你一份申请表。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载
18. Studying at the Library
18.在图书馆学习
A: I can't study at home, because my family talks so loudly.
A:我不能在家里学习,因为我的家人谈话声音太大。
B: Study at the library.
B:到图书馆学习。
A: Can you focus in there?
A:你能在那集中精力吗?
B: Yes, it's always really quiet.
B:是的,那一直很安静。
A: I'll go today.
A:我今天就去。
B: Make sure you get a good seat.
B:确保你得到一个好的座位。
A: Are there not enough seats for everyone?
A:那里没有足够的座位给每一个人吗?
B: It depends on when you go.
B:那取决于你什么时候去。
A: I'm going at 1:00 a.m.
A:我要凌晨1点去。
B: Dude, it's not even open that late.
B:兄弟,那么晚还没开门呢。
A: But that's the best time for me.
A:但那对于我来说是最好的时间。
B: You can always try a cafe. They tend to close late or not at all.
B:你可以试试咖啡馆。他们倾向于晚关门或者不关门。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载
19. Reference Books
19.参考书
A: You can't check out this one. It's a reference book.
A:你不能借走这本书。它是参考书。
B: What does that mean?
B:那是什么意思?
A: It means you can only read it in the library.
A:意思是你只能在图书馆里阅读。
B: But I need it for my essay.
B:但我的论文需要它。
A: You can take pictures of the pages you need.
A:你可以为你需要的那些页拍照。
B: I need almost all of them.
B:我几乎需要全部。
A: You can keep coming back here.
A:你可以一直来这。
B: That's so inconvenient.
B:那太不方便了。
A: It is, but they have to be kept here.
A:是的,但他们必须被保存在这里。
B: I guess I can take pictures of the pages then.
B:我想我可以拍几张照片。
A: Sorry about the inconvenience.
A:抱歉给您带来的不方便。
B: It is okay. It's not your fault.
B:没关系。这不是你的错。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载